At the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg, our core purpose is to help grow great people. We do this by:
- supporting people to achieve their goals for healthy living and well-being;
- fostering active citizenship through participation, learning and leadership development; and
- eliminating barriers to inclusion and fostering belonging and connection.
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is building a safe, connected community where people are welcomed, accepted, healthy and inspired.
In carrying out its mission, the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg conducts itself in accordance with the following core values:
- Individual Potential – Every individual has a positive contribution to make to the community. We cultivate individual potential by providing development opportunities that respect the need for balance in one’s life and encourage healthy living. Above all, the health and well-being of children and youth are vital to our community.
- Community – The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to making the communities we serve better places to live, work and play. The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is an active contributor to the vibrant social fabric of the communities in which we work and we support collaborative initiatives and partnerships.
- Organizational Excellence – We offer services and programs that are informed by community knowledge and input, and by evidence based best practice. Thoughtful stewardship of resources and encouragement of community participation in our governance and resource development makes the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg a strong, sustainable and viable organization. We share stories and celebrate the achievements of our members, our staff and our community as an important means to build belonging and connection.