The Y ignites lasting personal and social change
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities.
At our core, we are passionate about creating opportunities and continuously advancing the well-being of the communities we serve. We do this by developing healthy and successful people who in turn create a positive impact in their local neighborhoods.
By donating you are ...
Ensuring Everyone Can Thrive:
- We believe everyone deserves a chance to reach their potential. That's why we remove financial barriers to Y Winnipeg membership and programming for those that couldn't otherwise afford to participate.
Supporting Healthy Lifestyles:
- Our Child Care Centres provide play-based programming that nurtures children’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- We incorporate physical literacy and daily activity into our programs for children and teens, like camps and child care, to help them build healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
- Our health and fitness programs help people of all ages—regardless of their background or financial situation, helping make physical activity part of their regular routine.
- We offer free Swim to Survive programming because learning to swim is a life-saving skill.
- We provide important mental health programming for adults and youth.
Fostering Belonging and Connection:
- Our Community Hubs are a second home to many in our community; a place to play, meet other people, and socialize in a welcoming space.
- We help newcomers adjust to life in Canada which helps the whole community thrive. Our programs offer opportunities to interact meaningfully with others, learn language skills, and connect with resources.
- Children shine brightest when they play and learn — together. Giving them a strong foundation of trust and safety allows them to explore through their own natural curiosity and play.
- We help children of all backgrounds experience the magic of camp at Camp Stephens. As children and teens explore nature and experience new activities, friendships and belonging are sparked, self-confidence and independence grow and leadership skills begin to shine.
We Ensure Everyone Can Thrive
We remove financial barriers to our membership and programming for people who could not otherwise participate to give all people the chance to reach their potential.
We Support Healthy Lifestyles
We know that being healthy goes beyond being physically active. That's why we focus on fostering the growth and development of people in spirit, mind and body throughout all we do.
We Foster Belonging and Connection
We provide safe and welcoming places where people of all backgrounds and walks of life can connect with each other and take part in activities that improve their lives and strengthen our community.
Vision, Values & Purpose
Our vision, values and purpose guide us in everything we do.
Explore the rich history of the Y in Winnipeg and across the country.
Find details on our board, executive team, AGMs and annual reports.
Find policies on accessibility, membership and more.