The Y is dedicated to lasting personal and social change
For 140 years the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg has been at the heart of communities in Winnipeg – helping people of all backgrounds, ages and abilities live more rewarding lives. We have provided thousands of children and adults with programs and services dedicated to personal growth and community development.
We’re an inclusive, charitable organization where:
- Parents find a place for their children to stay active, be engaged, and learn positive values.
- Children and teens play and develop self-confidence while feeling accepted.
- Families find support in childcare centres that nurture the potential in every child.
- Newcomer adults and teens find help adjusting to life in Canada.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
- Teens and adults learn to better manage their mental health.
- People find connection and purpose through volunteering to support our community.
How we help strengthen our community
We strive to ensure that no child is left out and every family has access to YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg’s facilities and programs. We do this through the support of our Member Assistance and Recreational Opportunities for Children programs. We also provide a number of supportive programs to our community to address social and health issues and are the largest provider of childcare in Manitoba. We don’t just strengthen individuals, we strengthen communities.
We Are Centres of Community
We provide safe and welcoming places where people of all backgrounds and walks of life can connect with each other and take part in activities that improve their lives and strengthen our community.
We Nurture Potential
From encouraging values and positive behaviours through childcare and camps to supporting personal growth and connection through membership and programs, we help people reach their potential.
We Promote Healthy Living
We know that being healthy goes beyond being physically active. That's why we take a holistic view and focus on fostering the growth and development of people in spirit, mind and body.