Summer Day Camp Registration now open.
Summer day camp includes a little bit of everything for a well-rounded, exciting week. Children will be active and engaged all day enjoying a wide variety of activities including indoor and outdoor games & activities, crafts and recreational activities, gym time and swimming. It’s all about learning, growing, exploring and having fun!
We continue to make necessary adjustments to our operations during these difficult times but our Day Camp team have been working hard to ensure campers will still be able to experience fun activities, outdoor time and even swimming!
Click the Information button below to view our available camps or if you’re ready to go – click Register Now!
2021 Summer Day Camp revisions to note:
- Children will be entering and exiting the Y facilities through designated Day Camp doors at each branch location
- Campers will be required to bring pre-filled water bottles and spray-on sunscreen as per government COVID-19 health & safety measures
- There will be no off-site excursions
- Day Camp hours will run from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm.
- Please review the Parent Handbook for complete details and full list of items to bring
*Please note that Provincial restrictions may affect hours and or ratios. Any changes will be communicated to all participants.
Answering Parental Concerns: Keeping Kids Safe
Here are the day camp health and safety measures that will be required for children attending day camps this summer:
- Camper ratio of 1:8. (Maximum of 10 campers per group as per Government of Manitoba Public Health Orders) .
- Staff are to complete a screening process to assess their health before coming into work including hand sanitization.
- Staff and campers will be required to wear face masks at all times while indoors (children 5 yrs old and under are exempt).
- Camper groups will enter through designated entrances which will be communicated to parents the week prior to camp.
- Parents will be asked screening questions regarding their children’s health and sanitize their hands upon entry to the facility. No children with symptoms or who have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, will be allowed to attend.
- Children will hand wash/sanitize their hands after every activity including before and after any lunch breaks and bathroom breaks.
- There will be no shared equipment. Activity equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each group, using the appropriate cleaning products and procedures.
- Physical distancing of 3 metres is to be maintained throughout the program’s activities. Areas used by the campers will be restricted to 25% capacity.
- High-touch areas will be frequently wiped down throughout the day.
- The following activities will be eliminated: off-site field trips, hot lunch days.