Summer Day Camps 2020 – It’s time to have fun with friends!
Great news! We’re proceeding with Day Camp this summer and swimming will be included as part of the experience!
Your Summer Action Adventure Starts Here!
Campers will enjoy a wide array of daily activities: learning a variety of sports techniques, participating in expressive arts activities, taking on team challenges and engaging in learning opportunities that will challenge them mentally and physically. Warning…they’ll have so much fun they’ll forget that they are learning!
We’ve had to make some adjustments to our usual camp routines but our Day Camp team have been working hard to ensure campers will still be able to experience fun activities, special guests, outdoor time and even swimming!
2020 Summer Day Camp revisions to note:
- Children will be entering and exiting the Y facilities through designated Day Camp doors at each branch location
- No Extended Care will be available. Day Camp hours run 9:00 am to 4:30 pm daily.
- Campers will be required to bring pre-filled water bottles and spray-on sunscreen as per government COVID-19 health & safety measures
- There will be no off-site excursions
- Please review the Parent Handbook for complete details and full list of items to bring
Answering Parental Concerns: Keeping Kids Safe
Here are the day camp health and safety measures that will be required for children attending day camps this summer:
- Staff are to use a screening tool to assess their health before coming into work.
- Staff are to have their temperature checked & sanitize their hands upon entry to the facility.
- Staff are to use face masks while in program with your child(ren).
- Parents are to abide by pre-determined staggered drop-off and pick-up schedules.
- Children are to have their temperature checked upon entry to the program. Parents will be asked screening questions regarding their children’s health. No children with symptoms will be allowed to attend.
- Children are to hand wash/sanitize their hands upon entry to the branch.
- Children will hand wash/sanitize their hands after every activity, game, or craft.
- Children will hand wash before and after any lunch breaks and bathroom breaks
- There will be no shared equipment. Activity equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each group, using the appropriate cleaning products and procedures.
- Physical distancing is to be maintained throughout the program’s activities.
- Groups will be limited in number of campers and will not mingle with any other group.
- High-touch areas will be frequently wiped down throughout the day.
- The following activities will be eliminated: off-site field trips, hot lunch days.