Congratulations to the 2013 Women of Distinction Award Recipients!
Check out our Facebook page for pictures from our 2013 Women of Distinction Awards Gala Dinner.
The YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Program is an inspirational and exciting celebration of talent, achievement, imagination and innovation, honouring Manitoba women who have made a unique and exemplary contribution to the development of others in our community.
The annual presentation
of these awards reflects
the Y's commitment to increase
public recognition of these
women who have earned our
admiration and respect.
For further information, please contact the Event Coordinator, Caroline Winston, at 204 831.2974 or email email@example.com.
Proceeds from the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards support a variety women’s programs including:
- Make Waves - An instructor-led, gentle aquatic program designed for women recovering from breast cancer surgery.
- Y Neighbours - A social and supportive group setting for women at 17 locations in and around Winnipeg involving workshops, guest speakers, group outings, and childcare assistance.
- Y Women - A bi-weekly, 55-plus support program that includes speakers, crafts and tours.
- YWCA Canada’s Week without Violence - A nation-wide initiative designed to build safer neighbourhoods across Canada including ‘The Power of Being A Girl’ events such as Winnipeg’s Girlz Jam.
- YMCA-YWCA Youth Leadership Development Programs - A skills development initiative directed at youth 12-17 years of age.
- YMCA-YWCA Community Development - In 2012, funds will support programs for children and youth at the new North Y Youth Centre
- International YWCA partnerships - Programs that involve women in developing countries with projects such as youth shelters, community economic development and day care centres.