After surveying nearly 600 members in our branches and receiving overwhelming support, we’re moving ahead with Stage 3 of our reopening plans on August 10! What does that mean for you?
• Pre-booking a limited time slot is no longer required to use the fitness centre (weights & cardio machines)
• Can’t make your fitness class or swim time as planned? You can now cancel your pre-booked spots online instead of calling the branch
• Switching to two 45-minute closures instead of multiple closures during the day. Don’t worry – our staff will still be cleaning continuously throughout the day all high-touch points and equipment before and after member use.
• Opening up limited pre-booked basketball spots (BYOB- bring your own ball)
• Opening up limited pre-booked family membership swim times
Book a lane swim, family membership swim, basketball hoop or fitness class today – BOOK NOW!
We’ve missed you! We’re excited to share that we have begun to reopen our branches and programs! We’ll be taking a cautious, staged approach and will have limited programming available at the start.
|Stage 1||West Portage Branch (3550 Portage)||June 22|
|Stage 2||South (5 Fermor) and Elmwood-Kildonan
(454 Kimberly) Branches
|Stage 3||Day Camp at West Portage, South and
|Stage 4||Downtown Branch (301 Vaughan)||Fall 2020|
On March 16, 2020, we had automatically placed your membership on hold (so you would not be charged) because you could not access any of the Y’s Health, Fitness and Aquatics branches, due to the COVID shutdown. At the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg, you are not restricted to any one branch – your membership includes access to all four of branches. As such, when we re-opened our West Portage branch to members on Monday, June 22, 2020, payment schedules resumed as of this re-opening date.
As we ease back into operations, you’ll notice that our hours of operation have changed and you might be wondering why that is. The number one reason is safety.
We are implementing enhanced cleaning protocols where we close our branches to the public at specific time intervals to conduct extra cleaning. Reducing our hours limits the number of people in our facilities, which helps to limit germ transmission. Closing earlier than normal allows our team to conduct an extra thorough cleaning prior to the branch reopening the next morning.
We will continue to review our hours based on member demand.
|Monday-Friday||7 am to 8 pm|
|Saturday||8 am to 1:30 pm|
|Before You Come||What to Expect|
Branches will temporarily close (no member access) for 45-minute periods twice a day during the week and once on Saturday to allow our staff to sanitize and clean high-touch areas. Staff will continue with a strict cleaning regime throughout the day ensuring all high-touch areas and equipment are disinfected between uses.
|Monday – Friday||
|What’s Open||What’s Closed|
Fitness Studio (scheduled classes only)
Family Membership SwimShowers (pool users only) Basketball hoops
Water fountains/refill stations
Indoor running tracks
- Staying Safe Together – Learn how we’re keeping you safe and how you can help, too!