Support the Y
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers project and communicate the mission of the YMCA-YWCA.
They are individuals who reach out beyond the confines of paid employment to contribute time and service to a not-for-profit cause in the belief that their activity is beneficial to others and satisfying to themselves.
The majority of programs at the YMCA-YWCA are run by volunteers.
Volunteering at the YMCA-YWCA can take as little as an hour a week.
Volunteers receive training in First Aid, CPR as well as opportunities for continuing education and certification.
|. Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Health, Fitness and Recreation
• Group and Aquatic Fitness Leaders
• Individual Conditioning Instructors
• Fitness Centre Supervisors
• Specialty Class Instructors (i.e. Martial arts, Triathlon training)
• Swim Instructors
• Preschool and Youth Coaches (i.e. Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball)
• Seniors Day Program Volunteers
• Preschool Child Care
• School Age Child Care
Membership Sales and Service
• S.A.M. Volunteers (i.e. give tours, assist Membership staff)
•Women of Distinction Committee Members
• Business Training Centre Volunteers
|. Apply to be a Y Volunteer
Complete an Employment and Volunteer Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to:
Downtown - 204.943.6159
Elmwood Kildonan fax - 204.654.9189
South fax - 204.237.3173
West Portage fax - 204.889.9002
Ask us about our Volunteer Handbook for more information.