At the Y, we believe that people have the right to live safely in their community.
Each year during the third week of October, Canadians bond with people around the world to mark YWCA’s Week Without Violence™, a week-long series of community events promoting diverse approaches to creating a violence-free world.
Activities you can do:
- Empower young women by taking part in our Power of Being a Girl event
- Raise awareness by planning your own event and taking part in the Rose Campaign
- Protect yourself by downloading a FREE Safety Siren app and turning your phone into a multi-functional safety device
Cover your tracks
If you are experiencing intimate partner abuse, you may choose to cover your internet tracks.
Please note: this does not guarantee that information will not be left on your browser.
- Be sure to delete any outgoing and incoming emails
- Change your email password often (at least once a month)
- Print all threatening and harassing emails to use as evidence of criminal activity