At the Y, we believe the ability to swim is a critical life skill for everyone, regardless of your age. We offer a diverse array of swimming programs for all ages, levels and needs. And the best news? Y memberships are all-inclusive and include swim lessons*!
The Y Difference
At the Y, we know that people learn at different paces — that’s why we offer the YMCA Canada continuous swim model. With our model:
- you only need to register once! No more hassles of re-registration.
- swimmers progress at their own pace, without the pressure of completing levels within the “typical” lesson time frame.
- we provide continuous feedback to build positive, encouraging relationships between the instructor, swimmer and families.
- Online Progress Cards: Your child’s swim lessons progress cards are available online! Just click the link below for your branch.
Explore our classes!
Preschool Swim Lessons - Registered
Beginner level swimmers will improve body awareness and motor skills as they attempt front floats, back floats, splashing, blowing bubbles and jumping into the water. With their adult caregiver by their side, they will become comfortable with movement in the water.
- To ensure as many children as possible have an opportunity to participate, there is a limit of one class per child per session
- Swim diapers are mandatory for children who are not potty trained
- Member-exclusive but excludes Family Casual
Click here to check out our program days, times and locations.