Volunteering at the Y is a great way to show that you care about your community – your voluntarism makes a positive impact in the lives of children, youth and families in your area.
Volunteers work alongside staff members – leading fitness classes, teaching children, encouraging youth leaders, providing guidance through YMCA boards/committees and more.
Health, Fitness and Aquatics
- Group and Aquatic Fitness Leaders
- Individual Conditioning Instructors
- Fitness Centre Supervisors
- Specialty Class Instructors (i.e. Martial arts, Triathlon training)
- Swim Instructors
- Preschool and Youth Coaches (i.e. Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball)
- Child Minders
- Preschool Child Care
- School Age Child Care
- Women of Distinction Committee Members
- Business Training Centre Volunteers
- Adult Day Program Volunteers
- Learning & Leisure Program
- Newcomer Services
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. These checks are a requirement for all volunteer positions.