September 2, 2021 – Updated Health Order
The Government of Manitoba announced last week that there will be a Public Health Order requirement for all patrons to be fully immunized to use fitness centres, gyms and indoor sporting and recreational activities effective Friday, September 3. You are considered fully immunized 14 days after having two doses (any combination) of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or a single dose of Janssen/Johnson & Johnson.
Children 11 and under who are not eligible to be immunized will be able to attend activities with an adult who must be fully immunized.
Proof of immunization will be required in order to enter our Y facilities. Acceptable forms of proof of immunization will include:
- the Manitoba Immunization Card (digital or physical), or
- a secure printed provincial immunization record from either public health or the Shared Health online portal that shows immunization dates.
Please note: Mask use is mandatory at all times while in our branches, except when using the Aquatic Centre, using cardio equipment or participating in a fitness class.
August 13, 2021 – Membership Fee Update
All Child membership fees will automatically begin again on August 23 with the payment method and payment frequency we have on file, unless we have previously received written notice indicating that you would like your membership to be put on hold.
- If you would like to put your membership on hold, please email email@example.com before August 23, 2021
Our Approach to the Updated Health Orders
As a wellness organization, our first priority is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, members and participants. As part of our commitment to your safety, we will continue to implement certain precautions, even as some health orders are relaxed.
As of August 7, 2021, you can expect:
- Masks will continue to be mandatory in our branches, except in the pool or shower. Learn why.
- Running/walking tracks will re-open
- eGym onboarding appointments for new users will resume
- Functional training spaces will re-open
- Jacob’s Ladder and other fitness equipment will return to the fitness centre
- The steam room at Downtown will re-open
- Basketball and lane swim no longer require pre-booking
- More space will be available in land and aquatic fitness classes (pre-booking still encouraged)
- Drop-in members 13+ will be able to access our branches
- Regular cleaning will continue and our plexi-shields will remain in use. Please continue to do your part to keep our branches clean and healthy.
As of August 23, 2021 we will also resume towel service, including relevant fees for those who have purchased the service.
Thank you for your cooperation and for continuing to play an important role in the health and safety of all Y users.
We will continue to regularly evaluate our existing controls and protocols, and may make changes as the summer progresses.
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is a wellness organization and our first priority is the health, safety and comfort of our members, participants, volunteers and staff. As such, we want to go above and beyond the Health Orders to ensure everyone – especially children and vulnerable individuals – feel comfortable and protected while attending the Y. We determined that maintaining mask use at this time is prudent due to a number of factors, including:
- The ages and abilities of the people we serve, many of whom cannot currently be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- The ongoing impact of the pandemic.
- The balance of opening up more services and spaces plus increased attendance in our branches with the still-present risk of transmission in the community.
- The reaction of our members, medical professionals and the public in regards to their level of comfort regarding mask wearing.
We are implementing these intermediate steps to ensure the comfort and safety of our members, staff, volunteers and participants. We will continue to regularly evaluate our existing controls and protocols, and may make changes as the summer progresses. Please watch this site and our social media channels for the next evolution.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and for helping to protect not only the vulnerable populations we serve, but the community as a whole. Please be kind to one another as we all adapt to the changing situation.
ALL branches open. Membership Fees Begin July 4, 2021
Membership fees will begin to be withdrawn on July 4, 2021 (bi-weekly payers) and July 15, 2021 (monthly payers) using the payment method and frequency we have on file. As per the membership agreement, memberships are continuous and continue until written notice of cancellation is received. You can request your membership to be placed on hold for a maximum of 90 days by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Child memberships fees will not be withdrawn at this time, as children 12 and under cannot access our branches (unless enrolled in day camp).
Thank you! Thank you for your continued support throughout these unprecedented times. Your membership allows us to continue to serve the communities we live, play and work in. As a gesture of our gratitude, we are gifting our members THREE DAYS OF MEMBERSHIP at no charge. Please note, your membership will automatically reflect this.
June 25, 2021
We are soo excited to announce ALL branches will re-open as of Monday, July 5!