Hourly Rate: $11.25 per hour
Placement Date: To be decided
Position Overview: As part of the aquatics team, this position will report directly to the Aquatic Coordinator, and will be responsible for maintaining a safe, enjoyable aquatic environment.
- Supervise members in the pool area.
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free pool area.
- Where required, quick professional response to emergency situations and first aid treatment.
- Educate members when they are engaging in activities which may increase the risk of personal injury to themselves or others.
- Foster a good public image for the facility and the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg in general.
- Maintain an appropriate level of fitness for lifeguarding in an indoor aquatic facility.
- Attend in-service training sessions as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Qualifications
- National Lifeguard Service Award
- Aquatic Emergency Care Award (or Equivalent)
- Basic Rescuer CPR (or Equivalent, within last 12 months)
- 17 Years of Age (16 for Assistant)
Submit applications to: [email protected]
Please specify which branch you're applying to
We thank you for your interest, however, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Return to Job Postings