Hourly Rate: $11.25 per hour
Placement Date: To be decided
Position Overview: As part of the aquatics team, this position will report directly to the Aquatic Coordinator, and will be responsible for maintaining a safe, enjoyable aquatic environment.
- Supervise members in the pool area.
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free pool area.
- Where required, quick professional response to emergency situations and first aid treatment.
- Educate members when they are engaging in activities which may increase the risk of personal injury to themselves or others.
- Foster a good public image for the facility and the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg in general.
- Maintain an appropriate level of fitness for lifeguarding in an indoor aquatic facility.
- Attend in-service training sessions as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Qualifications
- National Lifeguard Service Award
- Aquatic Emergency Care Award (or Equivalent)
- Basic Rescuer CPR (or Equivalent, within last 12 months)
- 17 Years of Age (16 for Assistant)
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify which branch you're applying to
We thank you for your interest, however, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Return to Job Postings